Wednesdays nights at 6:30pm
What if God wants something more than a safe and predictable life for those who love Him? Join us Wednesday nights as we explore the idea of reclaiming the adventurous spiritual life God intended for His followers. Maybe life with Christ should be a little more like a wild goose chase … mysterious, unpredictable, and even dangerous.
Chase the Goose is a six-session study based on Mark Batterson’s book Wild Goose Chase that encourages Believers to take hold of the passions God has put in all of our hearts, while learning about the very nature of God Himself in the process. True goose-chasers will glean wisdom from studying the lives of Nehemiah, Moses, Abraham, Peter, Paul, and Jonathan as they are challenged to leave behind the cages of responsibility, routine, guilt, failure, assumptions, and fear that have held us back in the past. Join the journey of never knowing where you’ll end up, who you’ll meet, or what you can do as you follow the Holy Spirit into the spiritual adventure God has planned for all Christ-followers.
Chapter Topics Include:
- The Cage of Responsibility—Practicing responsible irresponsibility with Nehemiah
- The Cage of Routine—Learning the danger of empty ritual with Moses
- The Cage of Assumptions—Breaking out of the eight-foot ceiling with Abraham
- The Cage of Guilt—Reconditioning our conditioned responses with Peter
- The Cage of Failure—Experiencing shipwrecks and snakebites with Paul
- The Cage of Fear—Climbing the cliff with Jonathan
(Adapted from threadsmedia.com)